Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A $350 jigsaw puzzle

This is going to be fairly short since I didn’t do any project work at the shop this week. I did start a small painting project. My wife bought a couple of metal toddler bed frames at a garage sale (where else?), and my job is to paint them pink. Right now I’m just working on sanding the old paint so the new paint will grip.

Anyway, I thought I’d get around to sharing about the mega deal my wife and I scored a few weeks ago. What would you pay for a 1997 SeaDoo GTS with trailer? $1000? $1500? Would you believe $350? You would be hard pressed to find just the trailer for that price! Of course, there is a catch, and you can see what that is in the photos below.

seadoo, trailer, and engine

engine parts

 more parts inside the seadoo

Yep, that’s right. Low low price of $350, but some assembly may be required! I’m not too concerned about this aspect. I had to take apart much of our other GTS last summer to replace the starter. What I don’t know is will I be able to find any parts that I will need during the re-assembly. I know that there is a bad bearing on the crankshaft, that’s why the seller tore it up. He just didn’t know how to keep going, ran out of patience, whatever. His loss will be my gain. Even if, for some reason, I am unable to make it run, it is the exact same model as our other GTS (same colors even) and will be great for providing spare parts. And I get a trailer out of the deal. I do not have one for the other GTS, and it is a pain transferring it from its stand onto my flatbed utility trailer in order to get it in the water.

Nothing else to report, except to say congratulations to my brother on his wedding this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment